“There is no ‘away’. Because plastic is so permanent and so indestructible. When you cast it into the ocean, it does not go away.” — Sir David Attenborough
WE MAKE “INTELLIGENT ROBOTS” THAT PREVENT WASTE AND PLASTIC POLLUTION
CLICK the video below:
- 8.8 MILLION tons of waste dumped in the ocean every year!
- NOAA estimates that 100 000 marine mammals are killed by plastic each year.
- A 2019 study of dolphins, whales, and seals in waters of the UK found that 100% of dead animals on their coast had ingested plastic
- Toxic chemicals that leach out of plastic are found in the blood and tissue of nearly all of us. Exposure is linked to cancers, birth defects, impaired immunity.
MICROPLASTICS IN SURFACE OCEAN , 1950-2050
WHO ARE WE?
- Postgraduate Students in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Birmingham (UoB) in the UK
- Passionate about providing real-world engineering solutions to global challenges
- Project Lead – Joe Maliszewski (LINKEDIN)
- Raise an initial £10,000 to help us get the equipment desperately need
- Design the robots in a small team of engineers
- Launch “Artificial Ecosystem” worldwide, by Oct 2023
Love your planet? – Please Support Us!
We are currently relying on donations made by generous individuals and institutions to keep the project afloat. If there is anything you can give, we will be one step closer to achieving our vision.